As an Early Childhood Educator it always seems like ‘that time of year’ when the colds come around. Once again the cold has come home, surprisingly it was not with me. That was a shocker. This time my Lobster brought the cold home. To help him feel better, and to keep the cold from getting me, I made chicken noodle soup for dinner.
- 1 onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 1 carton of chicken broth
- 5 cups of water
- 1-2 breasts of chicken, cooked
- 1 cup of pasta noodles ( I like baby shells)
- Chop onion and garlic and fry in large pot with oil.
- Chop carrots and potatoes into small cubes, add to onions and garlic.
- Add chicken broth and water to pot, bring to a boil then let simmer
- Add cooked chicken breast cut into bite size pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Bring pot to medium heat and add pasta. Cook until pasta is ready.
- Serve and enjoy.
In case you need something with a little extra fighting power check out my recipe for garlic soup, Garlic Is For Heroes.