Last year I wanted to try make pumpkin muffins but just did not have the time. This year I added it to the Fall Fun activity list and made the time.
I decided to take my banana muffin recipe and just replace the bananas with pumpkin. It worked out that I had extra pumpkin pie filling from making tarts which just happened to be the amount I needed…it was fate.
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (softened or melted)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Make a well in centre of flour mixture. In well, mix together maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, apple sauce, and pumpkin filling. Stir together, do not over mix. Spoon batter into muffin tray.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre of a muffin comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and let cool.
They tasted delicious; very light and fluffy. I think I enjoyed them more than the regular banana recipe. This recipe is definitely a keeper for our family.